Monday, January 11, 2010

121|365 Hyosung Comet Burn Out ~ Random

Theme: Random

Out Take - It was a hard choice... which do you prefer?

My Michelin Pilot Sport tire cracked pretty badly all along the tread since purchasing it new only 9 months ago. There is no reason it should have gone so soon. I only put 5000k on it and always stored my bike under shelter, nor is it very cold here in the winter. One thing I didn't do was check the manufacture's date when I bought it. It turns out it had been on the shelf about 2 years before I got it.

I had no choice but to buy a new tire before cursing with Greg over my 5 day vacation. This time I went for the Michelin Pilot Power, a stickier tire that cost only a little more.

Unfortunately I only had 20 minutes to do this shot as I was rushing to catch a ferry. Next time I'd find a better location, dress the part, wait till dark, back light the smoke etc. So I will consider this a practice run.

I did a little research on how to do a burn out on google and then gave it a shot. It couldn't have been easier! I had about three goes before my tire was shredded. Choosing to shred it with a kilometre of the bike shop was a wise choice, I wouldn't have wanted to ride to far on it.

--- Lessons Learned ---
1. Burn outs are way easier than expected

--- Critiques Welcome ---
- www.comatosed.ca -

No comments: