Monday, January 11, 2010

131|365 S-IPS in in Control ~ Random

Theme: Random

I moved my home monitor to work because I am sick of staring at an 9 inch screen for 8 hours a day. Now I wish to replace my home monitor so for the last 24 hours I've been on a monitor researching frenzy. I've never had anything but a TN monitor in the past. Actually, I didn't even know what TN, S-IPS, S-PVA, etc. meant until 24 hours ago.

Based on what I've read, S-IPS / S-PVA panels are the way to go for anyone serious about graphics. I have definitely noticed how much the viewing angles effect my work in PS, I'm always shifting my head when adjusting curves etc. because the results don't look uniform. Speed doesn't matter much to me, as I spend most of my time with still images.

The catch is, S-PIS / S-PVA monitors are expensive. I wanna just splurge and get the one I saw the other day but I'm trying to hold back and think it through thoroughly. I've made it this long with a 19" No Name TN and got pretty good results... is it really worth the upgrade...?

--- Lessons Learned ---
1. Logic is inconsequential to some people... the illogical...

--- Strobist ---
1 Vivitar 285 HV @ 1/4 at about 8 o'clock on the floor with purple/pink gel and DIY grid spot lighting the wall. Another Vivitar 285 HV @ full power at about 3 o'clock lighting the centre of the subject.

--- Critiques Welcome ---
- www.comatosed.ca -

No comments: