Wednesday, January 28, 2009

022|365 I Love My Job ~ Random


022|365 I Love My Job ~ Random, originally uploaded by comatosed.

I love my job! True, it was only my first day... and I didn't actually do any work... I just a have a really good feeling about things to come.

First off, these guys were prepared. We arranged a meeting at a nice restaurant for ten o'clock. There my friend/coworker/neighbor and I were briefed by two lovely ladies on what to expect. I'm finding there are many perks in this job. Not only did they have info, they had books and schedules arranged well over a week in advance, something I'm not used to here in Korea. Our meeting flowed into lunch and two veteran teachers joined us. Is was nice to hear how things here really are first hand.

Things only got better after the meeting. Scott showed me around the central area of our little neighborhood here. There are two marts that sell top shelf booze relatively cheaply: Tequila $27, Yellow Tail $9, Vodka, Rum and Gin. They also have sour cream, cheddar cheese, pesto sauce and more. It gets better too! There is a European deli that bakes the finest looking bread I've seen anywhere and stocks a decent variety of meets and cheeses, albeit at a hefty price. They even had fresh yeast they were willing to sell me!!! I think I'm gonna go there and learn to bake on the weekends if they'll let me.

Finally Scott and I had a beer at the foreigners club/community hall where beer is always $2 and half price during happy hour on Fridays... yes, 1 Beer = $1. There were expat wives doing Korean paintings and notices posted all over with advertising diving, football, running, ATVing and Yoga clubs.

Things are good. I'm excited about the year to come :D

--- Strobist ---> See Setup Shot
One Vivitar 285 HV @ 1/2 roughly 4 o'clock, directed at me, fired into an umbrella with a spill guard on the back. Another Vivitar 285 HV @ 1/4 high at 11 o'clock with a DIY grid spot aimed at the flowers to mimic a sunbeam. Natural light coming through the blinds behind me. Had to put a gobo between the guitar and the ambient to eliminate the nasty reflections coming off the guitar. Focusing was a bit of a pain. I marked my spot on the floor and used my vacuum as a fill in to get things roughly adjusted. Then I forgot to switch from Small JPG to RAW after testing and had to do everything over again!!!

--- Post Production---
Thanks to Skeletal Mess for the wonderful texture titled Rock of Ages. I think it added a cozy rustic feeling to my home, a feel I'd like to achieve in reality one day. Simply overlaid the texture and erased a little that was covering me.

- www.comatosed.ca -

No comments: