Tuesday, March 16, 2010

142|365 Sunset at the Beach ~ Random

Theme: Random

After taking the blurry group photo, which didn't look blurry at all on my 1.5 inch display, I went down to catch the sunset. I missed the sun but her light was still playing off the clouds.

This was a very unorthodox shot for me. I just plunked my camera down on the gorilla pod and angled it up without even glancing through the viewfinder. Next I chose a spot I figured was far enough away to stand and then plunked down my flash just out of the frame.

I believe this goes down as the least amount of frames I've ever used for a Strobist shot, a total of about 8 pictures were taken and this was one of the first :)

--- Lessons Learned ---
1. Remember to take chances.

--- Strobist ---
1 Sunpack DS 20 @ full power at about 5 o'clock on the ground lighting me. BG underexposed by a stop or two.

--- Critiques Welcome ---
- www.comatosed.ca -

No comments: