Tuesday, March 16, 2010

162|365 Enhanced Light Workout ~ Redux

Theme: Redux

Out Take

Back on day 61 I discovered a lighting set-up that could make just about anyone LOOK muscular without having to lift a even a finger. Shortly after that shot, I decided not just to lift my fingers, but to lift a few weights as well. So today marks my completion of a 3 month Men's Health weight training program!

Before - (Will Open in a New Window) If you click between the two you can see a little change in the chest and lats.

I figured the most accurate way to gauge any progress was to recreate the shot from that day as closely as possible. Well, I gotta say I was a little disappointed. I feel better, I'm lifting more weight with every passing week, and I thought I was looking better but the physical improvement not as drastic as I had hoped. Nonetheless, I'm feeling good and am gonna continue for anther three months.

---Workout Plan (For anyone who is interested)---

-Overview-
Average workout: 1 Hour 3 times a week, 5 min of light cardio (with the odd run on rest days) and about 7 exercises
Diet: Added one protein shake on workout days to otherwise regular diet of junk food, French fries and coffee :)

-Variation-
-1 Cycle consisted of 3 Different workout plans spanning 3 weeks each
-I did 4 cycles, so 12 weeks total

-Routines-
-Mondays = Arms and Shoulders
-Wednesdays = But, Thighs and Legs
-Fridays = Chest, Abbs and Back
(So you would focus on the same muscle group every Monday but would generally never do the same exercise twice in the same 3 weeks)

-Specifics-
-Single sets 6-10 reps
-Beyond 10 reps increased weight

--- Strobist ---
1 Vivitar 285 HV @ 1/2 directly above my head fired into a reflective umbrella. Used same RAW conversion data from previous photo, a little warming and contrast. It's funny, I wanted to compile the same simple photo every day into a time laps but I failed... and yet I mange 365...

--- Critiques Welcome ---
- www.comatosed.ca -

No comments: