Friday, August 06, 2010

100720-Fireworks - Albizia Julibrissin.jpg

I fell in love with a legume. That is the species this Silk Tree or Albizia Julibrissin falls under according to wikipedia. I love everything about the tree. It's shape is beautiful, it has a big umbrella like canopy. The smell is intoxicating, like the freshest, sweetest peaches. The blossoms feel like the downy hair of a new-born to the touch. Even the tree's temperament is cool, at night and during periods of rain the leaflets bow downwards as though the tree were sleeping.

While playing around with lighting this magnificent blossom it dawned on me that it look like a firework mid explosion. With this in mind I hope to do another session with these blossoms and make a kinda fake firework landscape shot. Also, I wanna get a shot of the tree in all it's glory. I already scouted the area and it's gonna be a tough one to shoot but I'll figure out a way somehow.

Chaka Update: She's a very sick baby today, lot's of coughing, snot and phlegm and I'm coming down with the same thing :(

--- Strobist ---
1 SB-28 @ 1/4 shooting through a glass plate from underneath

--- Critiques Welcome ---
- www.gregsamborski.com -
- www.chakababy.com -

No comments: