Friday, August 06, 2010

100802-Get Wet


100802-Get Wet, originally uploaded by comatosed.

I cheated, but I don't feel nearly as badly about it this year. Having a newborn makes it pretty tough to photograph everyday. I OCCASIONALLY missed a day during my pre-baby 365 and the rule I made for myself then was that I had to shoot the missing photo ASAP - no using old photos or the same set-up for two consecutive shots. If I try that this year I'll just get further and further behind so here's another photo from yesterday's waterfall excursion.

--- Lessons Learned ---
As so many people have said before me, you often need to go out of your way to get a good photo. I was lazily shooting from the comfort of a bench, wasting pixels, when it dawned on me that I needed to get to the centre of the action which meant sitting my ass down in the middle of this little pond and interacting with the kids in it.

--- Critiques Welcome ---
- www.gregsamborski.com -
- www.chakababy.com -

No comments: