Monday, September 14, 2009

066|365 On the Run ~ Random


066|365 On the Run ~ Random, originally uploaded by comatosed.

Theme: Random

Joined my neighbor Scott for Geojedo's 800th Hash on Sunday. I never knew what hashing was until I met Scott. I think their motto sums is up nicely, "A drinking group with a running problem". About 150 people showed up and we walked, jogged and ran 8k's on a beautifully sunny day.

I was the last one in... but it wasn't due to my total lack of fitness. When some fellow hashers saw me lying on the ground trying to get an HDR shot of a cool looking Korean temple, we talked cameras for a bit and then they gave me their lenses to play with. The one guy dropped of his Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8 with me and while I was shooting with that another guy gave me his Canon EF 28-300 F/3.5 to try out for the rest of the day!!!

There I was, alone on the trail with about $3,000 worth of other peoples camera gear. The only reason I even got to the finish before dark was because Scott called and told me my car was blocking someone.

Now find myself thinking about the 28-300 all the time... this isn't good.

ps. Unfortunately, I didn't have enough time to get an SP with either of the lenses :(

--- Critiques Welcome ---
- www.comatosed.ca -

No comments: