Monday, September 14, 2009

067|365 Professor Edge ~ Professor Edge

Theme: Dark

Name: Professor Edge
Age: 32
Nationality: Unknown
Hight: 6'4" / 194 cm
Weight: 95kg

Infatuated with science and biology since early child hood, Professor Edge specialized in researching the effects of various industrial and commercial products on cadavers.

In 2004, a student of Edge's was found by police cowering under a university dumpster, severely lacerated and in critical condition. Upon further examination of the student, doctors found large bite marks on her thighs and arms. The student remains in a psychiatric ward and refuses to speak to this day.

The media circus around the event put Professor Edge and his controversial research in the spotlight. Evidence of his using cadavers for personal research surfaced but the nature of his experiments was never determined.

Having violated the university's code of ethics, and due to tremendous public out cry, Professor Edge was band from continuing his research and thus lost his professorship.

Though not confirmed, it is believed Professor Edge is somewhere in South Korea continuing his research. Recent evidence suggests he was involved with the disappearance of three of his former students and should therefore be considered extremely dangerous.

Outtake 12 Inch Chef's Knife

--- Concept ---
Recently, I'm really into figuring out ways to modify my light sources to achieve unique looking effects. Every morning I wake up 6am and when I look out the window it looks like this (sorry no link yet... soon). This is because the shade that covers the window is textured with small squares, presumably so I can have some privacy.

The other day I was lying there in bed thinking, I wonder what a flash would look like coming through there. Well it looked like garbage with a bare flash coming from behind, but, I learned that to achieve the effect I was seeing through my window you need a constant light source that is relatively small or far away. However, a big reflective umbrella provides quite a different look, one that made me instantly think "VILLAIN".

And if I were a villain, knifes would be my weapon of choice. When people come to my home they always get freaked out by the giant chefs knifes I have hanging from magnets on my kitchen wall --- now they have good reason to be... Bwa HA HA HA HA!

--- Strobist ---
1 Vivitar 285 HV @ 1/4 behind texturized window shade fired into a reflective umbrella. Another Vivitar 285 HV @ 1/4 at about 1 o'clock with a DIY grid spot, up high, lighting the side of my face.

--- Critiques Welcome ---
- www.comatosed.ca -

No comments: